Re: Fixed

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Fixed
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:00:38 +0100

James R. Phillips wrote:

--- "Steve C. Thompson" wrote:

> Dear group,
>
> My friend is trying to use the fixed package in octave-forge
> under Cygwin.  The version of octave-forge is 2005-06-13-5.  I
> have 2005-06-13-1 installed in Kubuntu and fixed is included and
> works perfectly.  However, his configuration doesn't include
> fixed.
>
> Does anyone know why fixed isn't included in Cygwin?  Or are we
> on the wrong track.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Steve

You are on the right track. As cygwin packager, I did a quick assessment of which octave-forge packages seemed the most feature-complete, bug-free, and GPL compatible for the first cygwin octave-forge release. I didn't form a good impression (not for license reasons) of the "fixed" package at the time, so didn't package it. If there is demand for it, and if users inform me that it
is reasonably bug-free, I am willing to reconsider.

Jim Phillips

Jim,

Bug reports please!!! Just saying months after that you excluded a package from a distribution without feedback or explanation doesn't aid in getting the reasons you excluded it addressed. The fixed-point toolbox is my code and I can guarantee you if you send me a bug report I will address it...

D.

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary