RE: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB

From: Andrew Funk
Subject: RE: linking COLAMD, CCOLAMD, ZLIB
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:51:31 -0500

Hi John,

I am experiencing this error:

octave:1> sparse(eye(3))
panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I thought it might have been due to the COLAMD/CCOLAMD not being
installed, but now I think I have those installed and it is still
happening, so maybe I should stop guessing :)

What should I do to confirm I have Octave and all the necessary
libraries built correctly?  (other than just looking for error messages
during configure/make, which I didn't see).

Thanks,
Andy