Re: Easy tutorial on how to make 3-dimensional graphics

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Easy tutorial on how to make 3-dimensional graphics
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:10:12 -0600

Tetsuji "Maverick" Rai wrote:

Thanks!  I understood how to plot in 3-dimensional space.  Then how can
I "rotate" or "pitch up/down" this 3-dimension graphics display?  I
cannot find it in the online document 17.3 "Three-Dimensional Plotting."

See "help view" for a way to do it from the command line. It can also be done interactively with the mouse in gnuplot 4.0 (I don't think you can in the older versions), but you need to put "set mouse" in your .gnuplot file in order to enable it (an uglier way is to enter __gnuplot_raw__("set mouse\n") in octave before you create the 3-d plot).

-Quentin