Re: How do I install Octave on Mac OS X?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: How do I install Octave on Mac OS X?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:57:05 -0700

Using Fink in combination with FinkCommander is probably easiest for
installation of Octave but you won't get 2.1.71 version. I checked right now
and my Fink commander would install 2.1.53.

I used http://dcollett.macosx.com/octaveOSX104.html
for installation and thanks to help from octave_list, I managed to install
Octave 2.1.71, Gnuplot 4.0, plus AquaTerm. I have X11 installed also and use
it at times for more advanced things like zooming and rotations (VTK) but
AquaTerm is much easier to use. (Have not yet managed to installed Octaviz
so I could use VTK in Octave)

I have not checked but installation suggested below at
http://www.hmug.org/pub/MacOS_X/BSD/Applications/Science/octave/ might be
similar because D. Collett was helped by Marius Schamschula when he put his
installation guide together.
Henry