Re: compile octave-forge

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: compile octave-forge
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 16:12:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Fabian Braennstroem  wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem to install the octave-forge package on my
> archlinux system.
> I used package version 2005-06-13  with octave version 2.1.71 and get an
> error:
>
>  rm -f symlsolve.oct
>  ln -s symbols.oct symlsolve.oct
>  rm -f sumterms.oct
>  ln -s symbols.oct sumterms.oct
>  make[2]: Leaving directory

[...]
> Do you have any idea?
>
> Best Greetings!
> Fabian
> --

Several of the octave-forge packages require external libraries to be installed
for them to link properly - the symbolic package is one of them.  Check the
readme file in the source tree for the requirements (always a good idea
anyway).

You can prevent an octave-forge subdirectory from compiling by putting an empty
file named "NOINSTALL" in the subdirectory (touch NOINSTALL).  This may solve
this and similar issues.

jrp