Re: Octaviz installation on Mac but first need VTK, and possibly also Cm

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Octaviz installation on Mac but first need VTK, and possibly also Cmake
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 16:33:17 -0700

Henry

Basically, "ccmake ." (or "cmake .") is equivalent to "./configure [options]". Instead of autogen tools, cmake tools are used.

What is your trouble with "ccmake ." exactly? Just change your directory in your shell to wherever you expanded the Octaviz source. Then run

$ ccmake .

You should get a ascii text menu that displays various options, among them the directory where vtk libs are detected (e.g. /usr/local/lib/vtk) and the install parent directory (e.g. /usr). Press 'c' to configure and 'g' to generate. If there are problems (e.g vtk libs can't be found), then you will get errors. If you get errors, let us know what they are and maybe we can help.

Jonathan

P.S. There is a "octaviz-help" list, but only 2 people are currently subscribed (Henry and myself). This thread is on the octave help list so that Henry can get Macintosh specific help, which I don't know much about.

Henry F. Mollet wrote:
Marius,
No configure script:
[~] -bash-2.05b 507$ cd /Users/hfm/Desktop/octaviz-0.4.0/
[~/Desktop/octaviz-0.4.0] -bash-2.05b 508$ ./configure --help|less
-bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
[~/Desktop/octaviz-0.4.0] -bash-2.05b 509$ ls
CMakeLists.txt  CVS             Examples        Graphics        IO
Parallel        README          Scripts         Wrapping
COPYING         Common          Filtering       Hybrid          Imaging
Patented        Rendering       Testing

According to Octaviz website instructions for installation are:
Octaviz has been developed for Linux with X-Window System and OpenGL but it
should work on any platform that supports X and VTK. Octaviz should work
under CygWin too but this port requires more testing. Any feedback regarding
Octaviz in CygWin is welcome.

You'll need octave 2.1.53 or later and VTK CVS to build octaviz. To compile
octaviz, run "ccmake ." in the root directory of the source tree, then
"make" and finally "make install".

To build octaviz under CygWin:
CUT, more complicated.

I got stuck at run "ccmake ."