fltk, oct files, and windows

From: Brian Blais
Subject: fltk, oct files, and windows
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 13:02:08 -0400

Hello,

I am trying to get some of my fltk/octave code to run under windows.  I
can get fltk compiled under cygwin, and all of the demos work.  When I
bundle the functions in an oct file, the code freezes.  I am attaching
the code, which is just to open up a window with a message, and an ok
button. I call it with something like:

fltest('hello');

The code runs, puts the window up, but then never exits. I think that either I am doing something stupid, or there is a conflict
in the linker/compiler flags that I am introducing somehow.  I am
compiling it with:

mkoctfile -I. `fltk-config --cxxflags`  -Wall `fltk-config --ldflags`
-lm fltest.cc

I am using octave 2.1.69, on both Linux and Windows 2000.  The same code
and compile line work in Linux.

Any ideas?

                        thanks,

                                Brian Blais

--
-----------------

             address@hidden
             http://web.bryant.edu/~bblais

#include <octave/oct.h>
#include <octave/parse.h>
#include <string>
#include <FL/Fl.H>
#include <FL/fl_ask.H>

DEFUN_DLD (fltest, args, nargout,
           "fl_alert('message string');") {

  octave_value retval; // #1

  Fl::scheme(NULL);

  int i;

  if ( args.length() != 1 ) { // #2
    error("incorrect number of input arguments");
    return(retval);
  }

  std::string str=args(0).string_value();

  fl_alert(strdup(str.c_str()));