Re: May I want Octave to write files as '-rw-rw-rw-'?

From: Jun Ohta
Subject: Re: May I want Octave to write files as '-rw-rw-rw-'?
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:13:17 +0900

Thank you, John,  for your prompt response. My apology for my late
response.
It's because I tested several times. Now I have a question.

>| On cygwin, when I have Octave write a file using 'fopen', 'fprintf,
>| and 'fclose', I usually get the written file as '-rw-r--r--'.
>| Is there any way to setup Octave to write files as '-rw-rw-rw-' or '-
>| rwxrwxrwx'?
>
>Try umask (0) before opening the file.

I tried umask (0) before opening the file. when I have Octave write a
file using 'fopen', 'fprintf, and 'fclose', I can usually get the
written file as '-rw-rw-rw-', not as '-rw-r--r--'.

This is different from the behavior I expected. I expected that I
would get the written file as '-rwxrwxrwx', not as '-rw-rw-rw-'. I
wonder if the behavior I observed is normal on cygwin or linux? I
would appreciate any comments.

Thank you.

Jun Ohta