Re: speed of octave interpreter

From: Javier Arantegui
Subject: Re: speed of octave interpreter
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:17:34 +0200

El Martes, 27 de Septiembre de 2005 17:53, escribió:
> I like your idea, but I think full funding for writing a brief chapter
> should be something more like 1000 eur.

I agree on that. Think that several people could fund one chapter, for
example.

> But, given that people work for
> free, I'm sure that any contribution will be gratefully accepted for work
> that was to be done someday anyway.  Money can be an incentive to shift
> priorities.

It can. You want a new feature or your bug solved first? Pay the developers to
be more sensitive to your needs ;-)

Javier

--
Javier Arántegui
Dept. Tecnologia de Alimentos / Dept. of Food Technology

Tel. +34 973702595
Fax  +34 973702596
IM: Jabber - javier.arantegui (AT) jabberes.org
http://www.tecal.udl.es