Re: speed of octave interpreter

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: speed of octave interpreter
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:53:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, Javier Arantegui wrote:

Maybe a good way to get some money for Octave development would be set up a reward program. Let's say I want/need more information about plotting because the Octave handbook plotting chapter is rather old. I could offer some money (20 eur, 15 eur, 30 eur? I don't know) for a new improved chapter.

I like your idea, but I think full funding for writing a brief chapter should be something more like 1000 eur. But, given that people work for free, I'm sure that any contribution will be gratefully accepted for work that was to be done someday anyway. Money can be an incentive to shift priorities.

Mike