A question regarding unwrap

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: A question regarding unwrap
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 18:30:11 -0700

Hi -

I have a recent problem with unwrap; I tried plotting the phase of a transfer function and it jumped halfway through the plot, from -180 to 180. I tried to unwrap the phase using unwrap and plotted the phase again, but still had the same jump. Reading the help on unwrap, it sounds like it will only really work if the phase is positive (it adds 2*pi). For me, I have a negative phase, so I need to subtract 2*pi. Any idea of what the solution could be? I tried looking at the code but couldn't make too much sense out of it from my few glances.

Thanks,

Ron Crummett