Re: invoking the toolboxes

From: Mukesh
Subject: Re: invoking the toolboxes
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:53:39 +0530

hi quentin,
thanx a million..
i think i moved one more step towards solving invoking problem..
i unstalled my old octave installation and now i m able to use symbolic toolbox..

but still when i invoke octave i get following errors..
error: `dispatch' undefined near line 2 column 1
error: near line 2 of file `/usr/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/comm//PKG_ADD' error: source: error sourcing file `/usr/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/comm//PKG_ADD'

Rgds
Mukesh

Quentin Spencer wrote:

Mukesh wrote:

i had installed octave from source code and after a couple of weeks i installed it using rpm found at "ftp://coffee.phys.unm.edu/pub/octave/RPMS/i386/";.. i assumed that it will overwrite my old installation.. if not can u help me abt how to uninstall the older octave i installed from source code..
thanx
Mukesh

Is there an octave installation in /usr/local/bin ? You need to remove that. Do you still have the source tree from which you installed it? You can go there and do "make uninstall". The octave sources install everything in /usr/local by default, while my package installs in /usr, so you probably have two versions of octave and are using the wrong one. Try running /usr/bin/octave and see if the symbolic toolbox works.

regards,
Quentin