Re: Mkoctfile help

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile help
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:22:13 -0700

It was a permission problem. On my new eMac with OS 10.4.2, I need
permission to do things in /usr. You'd think it's my computer but I have to
ask for permission!. To get permission to all of /usr, select the folder
/usr, then file/Get info/Details/ Apply to enclosed items and give yourself
permission to read and write. So now it worked.
Henry

[/usr/local/share/octave] -bash-2.05b 510$ cd examples
[/usr/local/share/octave/examples] -bash-2.05b 511$ mkoctfile oregonator.cc
CUT a whole bunch of output from using mkoctfile
[/usr/local/share/octave/examples] -bash-2.05b 512$ ls
hideoregonator.m        oregonator.o
oregonator.cc           oregonator.oct
[/usr/local/share/octave/examples] -bash-2.05b 513$