Re: cygwin_&_gnuplot_

From: Jun Ohta
Subject: Re: cygwin_&_gnuplot_
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:07:56 +0900

Hello,

"Marco Landwehr" <address@hidden> wrote:
>I have problems plotting with octave in a cygwin environment. Gnuplot alone
>is working fine, but when typing "sombrero(41);" in octave I get the error
>"warning: broken pipe -- some output may be lost". The archives dont tell
>much about this problem, but to use a .octaverc file with the following
>lines:
>
>putenv('TMPDIR','F:/Cygwin/tmp');
>gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
>       or
>gnuplot_binary = 'pipe-gnuplot gnuplot';
>
>Both things did not work.
>I use gnuplot 4.0 patchlevel 0 & GNU Octave, version 2.1.71
>(i686-pc-cygwin).

I tried to use the gnuplot distributed with cygwin.
My .octaverc/octaverc file worked fine. I used an octaverc file with
the following lines.

gnuplot_binary = '/bin/gnuplot'
putenv('TMPDIR','/tmp')
gnuplot_has_multiplot = 1

JWE's comments (around May 23 or 24, 2005) which include "startx first,
 then run Octave from the xterm window that startx opens" helped me.

Jun Ohta
Okayama University