Re: Octave for WXP, interaction with editor

From: Jun Ohta
Subject: Re: Octave for WXP, interaction with editor
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:45:10 +0900

Hello,

>Thanks, I think this is the problem, was just reading in the manual too
>that functions in Octave's own root directories aren't checked for time
>stamps. I've moved my .m files to a new directory, which I understand I
>need to declare in the variable LOADPATH.
>
>So - if my new directory is called c:\octave, do I just type:
>
>LOADPATH = 'c:\octave'
>
>and should that take effect immediately?

If your octave is on cygwin (MS windows), the following command will work, I
think.
>> path( [':/cygdrive/c/octave/'] )

if you want to include subdirectories of 'c:\octave', the following is
appropriate.
>> path( [':/cygdrive/c/octave//'] )

Another idea is to put the file, '.octaverc' in the octave home directory,
which you can
get using 'pwd' just after the startup of octave. Octave reads '.octaverc' and
other
'octaverc' files each time when it starts. You can write the above command or
something
like that there. Making files of the names beginning at '.' on MS windows
requires some
technique. So, a '.octaverc' file is attached.

I learned the above from 'octaverc' files. I want to know more about how to use
'path'. I
would appreciate any suggestions or comments from experienced users.

Jun

Jun Ohta, address@hidden
Homepage:
in Japanese: http://www.cc.okayama-u.ac.jp/~jo25/