Re: contourf

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: contourf
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:20:39 -0700

Carine Simon wrote:
Hi all,

I don't understand how to include colours in a contourf plot. Is it possible ?

You need to change the colormap. BTW, it seems that imagemagick is used for contourf output, so your result will be a matrix graphic.

Another thing is: is there a way to do as Matlab i.e. precise the axes for
contourf. For example doing something like contourf(xaxis, yaxis, matrix)

You can use "contour" this way, whose output is gnuplot.

A last point is that sometimes when I use contourf I get some errors like: error: expecting integer index, found 2.291667
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from `contourf' in file
`/usr/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/plot/contourf.m'

then I juste type the same contourf command and everything works.

I get this same behavior. I encourage to try Octaviz (octaviz.sourceforge.net). There exists a contour function in Octaviz which gives nice output. A "contourf" function (filled contour) doesn't exist yet, but if you get Octaviz installed and express interest, I can make one.

Regards,
Jonathan