Re: Is octave slower than Matlab??

From: Pablo Barrera González
Subject: Re: Is octave slower than Matlab??
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:17:27 +0200

What operating system did you use in octave test?

On 13 Jul 2005, at 11:10, Min Seung Kyu wrote:

Dear all,

I calculated the same program with octave and matlab by using the same computer, and it showed that Matlab in MSwindow is much faster than Octave.
The program contains some matrix computations and FFT command.
Actually, original code was written with Matlab, but I think it doesn't matter. What is the difference between Matlab and Octave? Do you have any idea??

Sincerely, Min.

Dept. of Chemistry, POSTECH

Min Seung Kyu

Pablo Barrera González