Re: Cannot return an Array3

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Cannot return an Array3
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:35:57 -0400

On 16-Jun-2005, Søren Hauberg wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| [snip]
| > You probably don't really need
| > Array3<double>.  It would just be converted to an NDArray object
| > internally, so that's the type I would recommend using.
| So I shouldn't use ArrayN<double> either?

I suppose it depends on what you want to do.  The math ops are defined
for NDArray objects, not ArrayN<double> objects.  There is an
octave_value constructor for ArrayN<double>, but I think that is just
for convenience.  Writing

  ArrayN<double> val (...);
  octave_value ov (val);

is essentially the same as writing