Re: possible to change screen font?

From: LUK ShunTim
Subject: Re: possible to change screen font?
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:45:12 +0800

Phillip M. Feldman wrote:
My apologies for not providing more complete information.

I'm running on a Windows 2000 laptop and on a Windows XP desktop.

The binary version that I installed was octave-2.1.50a-inst.exe from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave

Phillip

I don't know/remember how this version starts octave.

If octave is started from a cygwin shell which lives inside a DOS window, you can change the font by right-clinking on the title bar and choose "Properties".

It may start octave using rxvt with a script (from Paul Soderlind at
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/paulsoderlind/Software/Software.html#OctaveRunning)
like this. (Note that quoted lines are *broken*.)
<quote>
#!/bin/sh
rxvt --keysym.0xFF50 '^a' --keysym.0xFF57 '^e' --keysym.0xFFFF '^f^h' -fn "Lucida Console-14" -tn linux -title Octave -geometry 80x30 -sl 400 -sr -e octave

#Change the second instance of octave to octave-2.1.xx if you use version 2.1.xx where xx<=37. #If you have a large monitor, then you may want to change the font size from 14 to perhaps 18,
#and the number of columns and lines from 80x30 to perhaps 100x40.
, then you can edit the startup script
</quote>
and you can see for yourself what to do. :-)

Hope this is what you want.

Regards,
ST