Re: Octave installation

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: Octave installation
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 12:54:33 -0500

Robinson, Melvin D wrote:

I have tried to install Octave on a Fedora Core 3 machine. configure, make and make install go well, but there is not an octave binary in the /usr/local/bin directory. There are other related files such as octave-config.

I don't have any idea why this didn't work, but instead of building it yourself, you might trying installing the RPMs at:
ftp://coffee.phys.unm.edu/pub/octave/RPMS/i386/
Make sure you install the RPMs for blas and lapack, as the ones that come with FC3 are broken.

-Quentin