Re: Problems changing Code

From: Marius Schamschula
Subject: Re: Problems changing Code
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 06:18:48 -0500

Pablo,

Your problems is that Octave, and for that matter gnuplot, can't find X11.

When you want to install any Unix app on that requires X11 under Mac OS X you have to do two things:

1) install X11 (optional install, part of main Mac OS X install) and the X11 SDK (optional install, part of Developer Tools). I'm not too familiar with Fink, which you seem to be using, but I know DarwinPorts also supplies their own version of X11. So there is likely a choice other than Apple's implementation (which works fine for me).

2) define DISPLAY in your environment, e.g. add

DISPLAY=:0.0
export DISPLAY

to .bash_profile