Re: How do you change to an ordinate on gsplot?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: How do you change to an ordinate on gsplot?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 15:30:19 -0700

Henry,

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I didn't know about this
"mesh" function.  I was used to using...

>> gsplot values(1:400,1:70);

to do your idea, I tried "long hand" by using...

>> x=[(1:400)']*ones(1,70);
>> xx=vec(x);
>> y=ordinate(1:70);
>> yy=vec(y);
>> zz=vec(values);
>> mesh(xx,yy,zz);

However, I did discover that it could all be simplified,
using small vectors for x, y, and leave z as an array.
 Doing the simplified manner I did have to transpose z.

Yes, it plots.  Yes, it does what I want BUT...

It took over two minutes to plot.  And moving around,
forget it!  Also, turned my plots green [difficult to see]

I tried clipping what I display down to 50:70, but still
waaaaay too slow, like 10 seconds each move.

I'm running
octave 2.1.50a-inst.exe on a 733MHz Win98 machine.

Guess I'll have to write a program to uniformly distribute
the values over index values and live with it, eh?

                - Robert -