vertical bars in octave window

From: Serpa Gino
Subject: vertical bars in octave window
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:15:38 -0600

Hi ,
I just installed octave on my windows machine. Following the instructions since I did not have cygwin I downloaded the
octave-2.1.42-windows-noatlas.exe and executed it. It installed and seems to work but...whenever I type any command in the Octave window a vertical bar seems to be added after each character I type?
Any suggestions as to how to remedy this?
and ....how would I go uninstalling octave if I needed to do so?
Thanks in advance
Gino
Gino Serpa, PhD
3811 North Fairfax Dr.