Re: Wierd plotting question

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Wierd plotting question
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:47:18 -0800

If you don't have the epstk toolkit, you can use scatter if the color is
specified by a third variable. Plus you can use another variable for size.
Henry
octave:1> help scatter
scatter is the user-defined function from the file
/Users/mollet/Desktop/usr/local/share/octave/2.1.55/site/m/octave-forge/stat
istics/scatter.m
SCATTER Scatter plot.
  SCATTER(X,Y,S,C) displays colored circles at the locations specified
  by the vectors X and Y (which must be the same size).  The area of
  each marker is determined by the values in the vector S (surface area)
  and the colors of each marker are based on the values in C. S can be a
  scalar, in which case all the markers are drawn the same size, or a
  vector the same length as X and Y.
  When C is a vector the same length as X and Y, the values in C
  are used as the color of each circle.
  RGB color not supported

  usage:  scatter (...)
  scatter(X,Y) draws the markers in the default color.
  scatter(X,Y,S) draws the markers with size S.
  scatter(X,Y,S,C) draws the markers with size S and color C.
  scatter(...,M) uses the marker M instead of default one.
  scatter(...,"filled") fills the markers, this feature isn't supported.

  Use PLOT for single color, single marker size scatter plots.

  Example: A=[0:0.5:2*pi];
           B=[0:0.2:2.4]; B(1,4)=5; B(1,8)=-5;
           C=[0:1:6, 0:1:5];
           scatter (A,B,abs(B*0.2),C,"@","filled");