Re: created .oct-Files are "undefined"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: created .oct-Files are "undefined"
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:52:10 -0500

On 28-Feb-2005, Gorazd Brumen <address@hidden> wrote:

| Hi,
|
| I had the same errors reported. I think we need expert assistance on
| this one.
|
| Ciao,
| Gorazd
|
| address@hidden wrote:
| > Hello all together!
| >
| > I have the cygwin-octave 2.1.49 and I'm allowed to create .oct-Files
| > with
| > the "mkoctfile"-command.
| >
| > But if I want to run them the error: " ... undefined" comes
| > in spite of this directory is contained in the load path!
| >
| > I even can use .m-Files that are in the same directory.
| >
| > Why can this octave create oct-Files but cannot use them??

I suspect that the .oct file is not being loaded correctly.  Was your
copy of Octave compiled with support for shared libraries and dynamic
linking?  Are you using the same version of g++ to compile the .oct
file as was used to build Octave?  If not, then it is likely that
there is some incompatibility in the versions that prevents the code
from loading.

In any case, 2.1.49 is quite old now.  The current recommended version
is 2.1.66.

jwe