Re: reshape slowdown?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: reshape slowdown?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:23:21 +0100

Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

I just noticed from some of my benchmarks, that reshape operation
now almost 2x slower then what it used to be in the last June
(octave-2.1.57). Perhaps it is expected due to N-d arrays....

Just FYI

Dmitri.

Hi Dmitri,

I did change the reshape function between 2.1.57 and 2.1.58 for NDArrays as you say. If it is two times slower for 2D arrays, we should probably special case the 2D version and use the old code... Want to propose a change?

Cheers
D.