MPI support on MacOS X

From: Jonathan Greenberg
Subject: MPI support on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:52:39 -0600

I can't remember if this was ever answered, but how would I compile octave
to support multiple processors on a) a dual G5 mac and b) a much larger (256
to 512 processor system) so that things such as matrix algebra get
"parallelized" without me having to do anything except run the command as
usual (e.g. I don't want to get into MPI code, I just want it to use MPs
whenever appropriate -- matlab and idl do this out of the box, as far as I
know) -- on a related note, DOES octave have these optimizations available?

--j

--
Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
NRC Research Associate