Re: gnuplot commands

From: mavram
Subject: Re: gnuplot commands
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:16:16 +0200

 --
 Hi Dmitri,
 Thanks a lot for the two prompt and informative answers.
 Regading gnuplot: The main difference between the command I
 tried and yours is that I counted the colums of data from 0 -as
 they explicitely say in the manual, while you obviously knew
 better. Gnuplot just ignored the "index 0:n" subcommand without any
 protest or warning. It would be hard to find out what was wrong
 About the workaround you suggest: Could you please be more
 explicit ? Should one give these commands (looks like shell
 script) before starting octave ? Or somehow (how ?) from within
 octave ? My guess: 'write a script containing the two lines and
 named gnuplot_binary, change its mode to +x and store it
 somewhere in the path. Then start octave, issue the command
 gnuplot_binary="mygnuplot" (or with full path), make some graph
 and look up /tmp/a', did not work.
 Sorry to bother with questions, the answers to which are obvious
 to those who understand the internals and the organisation of
 the software. But having a means to see the commands that octave
 sends to gnuplot and using them as examples might actually save
 on the number of stupid questions I find necessary to ask...
 Cheers, Avraham