Re: randn newbie question

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: randn newbie question
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 14:02:30 -0700

OK, just to be sure, for us big-endian users of octave-forge and
octave-2.1.64, who don't normally use randn, and don't want to recompile
right now, the "quick fix" would be to rename the octave-forge randn.oct
file, for example:
 /usr/local/libexec/octave/2.1.64/site/oct/powerpc-apple-darwin7.7.0/octave-
forge/randn.oct?

This would prevent us from accidentally using the octave-forge randn a
couple of months from now because we forgot about the problem. If execution
time then becomes a problem, we could apply the patch and re-make and
reinstall octave-forge (or get a newer version of octave/octave-forge).

Any other changes that I'm forgetting?

Joe