Building Octave on cygwin with gcc3.3.3

From: Frank Palazzolo
Subject: Building Octave on cygwin with gcc3.3.3
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:50:34 -0500

Hello,

To start, I am trying to build octave-2.1.64, using octave-forge from
CVS and gcc 3.3.3.
I used octave-forge/admin/Windows/Makefile with the default settings.

After a few tweaks, the octave part of the build succeeds.
Unfortunately, when I run it, I get "Application Error" - The
application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)"

Maybe this is because all of the windows-dev stuff was built with
gcc3.2?  (Any idea if I'm on the right track?)  I guess I'll back up and
try to build it from the standard octave instructions.

Any help appreciated,
Frank