RE: request recommendations for using octave with windows

From: Ryan Peterson
Subject: RE: request recommendations for using octave with windows
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:43:25 -0600

As a seasoned plug 'n play windows user and a novice linux user I found Paul Soderlind's install instructions for windows to be very straightforward and (as a bonus) up to date! The page is available here:

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/paulsoderlind/Software/Software.html#OctaveInstallation

There are three levels of complexity for the install he suggests - the first and easiest of which - the executable install program doesn't support N-d matrices. I helped write a chapter in a text about octave (though that was before N-d matrix support) in undergrad computational physics. If you're interested I could dig up the digital copy.
Good luck,
Ryan Peterson