Re: octave questions

From: Andreas Gaab
Subject: Re: octave questions
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:54:04 +0100

With Win98 scripts can also be opend by double-clicking, if the extension is
linked with the octave binary (only the spaces in the default path can cause
problems, but it works).
Then the script can even be put on the Desktop :-)

Andreas

P.S.: You can also try source("C:\path\to\file\functiontest.m")

Quoting "Robert A. Macy" <address@hidden>:

> Initially, you can place your file in
>
> C:\Program Files\GNU octave 2.1.50\octave_files
>
> It should run there
>

> I highly recommend a different editor than notepad.
>
> It's called Sc1.exe, very small unobtrusive to your system,
> does highlighting, etc.  I think you can get a copy at
>
> http://www.scintilla.org
>
>                - Robert -
>
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:54:30 -0600
>  Ilhem Z <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have to work with octave but i installed it on windows
> > XP .
> > I am writing my functions in a notepad document ("
> > functiontest.m") for example.
> > My problem is that i can't source any file '.m' , octave
> > doesn't find it anywhere and i don't knox how is the
> > syntaxe to call the file path in order to parse it with
> > 'source'.
> > (i.e: source "functiontest.m"----> doesn't work)
> > please could you help me?
> > thanks a lot.

This mail sent through IMP: www1.mpch-mainz.mpg.de