preallocating memory for cell arrays

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: preallocating memory for cell arrays
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:40:05 -0500

On  5-Nov-2004, E. Joshua Rigler <address@hidden> wrote:

| First, is there any way store a "time series" of structures other than
| in a cell array?
|
| Second, since I believe the answer to question #1 is "no", how would one
| go about preallocating a cell array to hold a predetermined number of
| similar structures.

What do you mean by "similar structures"?  Do they all have the same
fields?  If so, then why not use a structure array?  Or maybe I'm not
understanding what it is you are really trying to do?  Perhaps you
could post an example of the code you would like to be able to write
but can't because it doesn't work.

jwe