Re: "bombing" with large files

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: "bombing" with large files
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:18:34 -0400

On 26-Oct-2004, Robert A. Macy <address@hidden> wrote:

| Actually, as a test I tried the following code, which
| produces a variable that is similar in size and causes the
| system to bomb.
|
| sig=randn(1,2e6);
| sig=[sig,sig,sig];
| %  this is where it spits up....
| sig=[sig,sig];
|
| octave panics trying to do that last step.

The info at http://www.octave.org/bugs.html includes this:

  If Octave gets a fatal signal, for any input whatever, that is
  a bug.  Reliable interpreters never crash.

If you think you've found a bug, please submit a *complete* bug report
to the address@hidden mailing list.  If you aren't sure what to
include in your report, please read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html
first.

Thanks,