Re: Xfig output: anyone seen Hefti's Graphic Interface?

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Xfig output: anyone seen Hefti's Graphic Interface?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:37:48 -0700

What kind of xfig output do you want?  If you want lineplots to save in
xfig format, the Gnuplot interface can do that as is.  I've been using
it the last couple of days and it works OK.

Jonathan

Etienne Grossmann wrote:
  Hi All,

I noticed on the xfig page
  http://duke.usask.ca/~macphed/soft/fig/

a reference to a "HGI" package:

  hgi (Hefti's Graphic Interface) is a toolbox for octave to produce
FIG format output. FIG version 3.2. Author Simon Hefti.
there is a link to hgi, but it is stale. Simon sent a message

to octave-sources, but the links he gives are stale too.

  Would anyone (possibly Simon) still have the code? I was going to
roll my own xfig-toolbox, but then I thought, as any perl^H^H^H^H
octave programmer should, that re-inventing the wheel is not
necessarily a good idea.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

PS: Sorry, to for cross-posting.