Re: Accessing information returned from 'dir'

From: mddejong
Subject: Re: Accessing information returned from 'dir'
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:48:43 +0200 (CEST)

> It should work if you put the index before the structure element:
> a(1).name

Yes, that worked allright, as did Etienne's suggestion. Many thanks to you
both. It was the way a.name itself was printed that had me thinking it was
accessed as a.(name(1)) where the outer braces denote grouping, not
indexing. The help file seemed to confirm this, as it is designated as a
'structure array' which I carelessly interpreted as 'structure of array'
instead of 'array of structure'.

Kind regards,
Maarten