Re: Analysing performance data (somewhat OT stat question; sorry)

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Analysing performance data (somewhat OT stat question; sorry)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 12:56:09 -0700

Ny 1964 edition the Hbk of Mathematical Functions (M. Abramowity & I. A.
Stegun eds) lists the following probability functions in Chapter 26.

One dimensional discrete: Single point or degenerate, binomial,
hypergeometric, Poisson, negative binomial, geometric.

One dimensional continuous: error function, normal, Cauchy, exponential,
Laplace or double exponential, extreme value (Fishher-Tippett Type I or
doubly exponential, Pearson Type III, gamma distribution, beta distribution,
rectangular or uniform.

In addition to the name, the table gives domain, point
probability/probability density function, restriction on parameters, mean,
variance, skewness gamma1, excess gamma2, characteristic function, and
cumulants.
Henry