Re: problem with legend.m

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: problem with legend.m
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:30:43 +0200

This is a long standing problem, which can easily be seen with the "ls"
command where it doesn't return anything. I believe it is probably due
to a compiler bug in the g++ I/O stuff, as when I looked at it I couldn't
find anything within octave responsible for it. So maybe compiling with
a newer version of g++ might also fix the issue....

Regards
David

According to Laurent Mazet <address@hidden> (on 09/20/04):
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:48:27 +0100 (BST)
> cctsim <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I get the following error if use "legend.m" from
> > the latest octave-forge cvs.

> > error: invalid row index = 0
> > error: evaluating argument list element number 1
> > error: evaluating argument list element number 1
> > error: evaluating prefix operator `!' near line 190, column 7
> > error: if: error evaluating conditional expression
> > error: evaluating if command near line 190, column 3
> > error: called from `legend' in file
> > `/usr/share/octave/2.1.58/site/m/octave-forge/plot/legend.m'
>
> Problem  comes from the system command. Sometimes, the command returns even if
> the sub-process has not yet answer.
>
> I don't know how to fix it. Try again...
>
>        Laurent
> --
> Dr. Laurent Mazet: Research Engineer /V\ Centre de Recherche de MOTOROLA
> Tel: +33 (0)1 69 35 48 30 =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Email: address@hidden

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary