Re: matrix sizes

From: Josep Monés i Teixidor
Subject: Re: matrix sizes
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 20:54:08 +0200

On dj, 2004-09-16 at 04:51, Paul Kienzle wrote:

> idx?  A vector of indices is an idx_vector, so a singleton must be
> an idx.  Seems too short and likely to conflict with user variable
> names.
>
> octave_idx? Seems good.  We index octave_values with octave_idx.

Be careful!

address@hidden:~/source/cvs/www.octave.org/octave$ grep -ri octave_idx *
liboctave/idx-vector.h:#if !defined (octave_idx_vector_h)
liboctave/idx-vector.h:#define octave_idx_vector_h 1

> Index?  Also good.  We index ArrayN<T> values with Index.  Since Index
> is fundamental to the Array class and the rest of the class doesn't use
> the
> octave_ ``namespace'', this would be my choice.  It seems a bit generic
> though.

grep didn't find anything for octave_index

Regards

--
Josep Monés i Teixidor
Clau GnuPG: gpg --recv-keys 80E85CC4