Re: system call reliability

From: Al Niessner
Subject: Re: system call reliability
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:25:31 -0700

It has been a while and I really have not had a lot of time to spend on
it, but I have a work-around for now. Turns out if you put 'usleep 500'
or some other sleep of non-zero size, it works just fine. I could not
find anything obviously wrong with octave while using gdb mostly because
the problem would never present itself. All in all, this may mean it is
a race condition in the system/kernel level. Can anyone reproduce the
problem on a non-linux platform?

--
Al Niessner <address@hidden>
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
those of JPL or NASA.

 ----
 ----