Re: Octave-Forge make failure under Red Hat 9 (fwd)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave-Forge make failure under Red Hat 9 (fwd)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 22:20:02 -0400

On Jul 7, 2004, at 9:48 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:00:25PM -0500, Tom G. Smith (Smitty) wrote:
OK, let the thread die, but I have to say, what a neat way to solve the
problem!
One caveat; I'd hope you'll put out a log file showing what installed OK,
and what didn't.

Sorry I missed this question in the original post.

build.fail contains a list of all major branches which failed.
These are listed when the build completes, and if there are
any, make exits with an error.

build.log contains the complete output of the build, including
the errors, but it takes some effort to search through it.

It would be nice to push the level of detail to minor branches,
with a build log file for each branch, but that will have to be
somebody else's project.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden