Re: Plotting 3D in Octave

From: Etienne Grossmann
Subject: Re: Plotting 3D in Octave
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:54:51 -0400

  Hi Hugo,

you can use vmesh (x, y, z, ...) for interactive viewing of a
parametric surface, if you have octave-forge and freewrl installed.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 05:33:11AM -0500, Hugo Neto wrote:
# Dear All,
#
# I'm in troubles with plotting 3D graphics in Octave. May be my mistake but i
have already read lots of mails regarding this subject but i didn't find
anything focused in this point.
#
# The problem is that i have a piece of code in Matlab using the "plot3"
command. With this command we are able to have 3 independent variables.
#
# X with [1x1200] dimension;
# Y with [1x1200] dimension;
# Z with [1x1200] dimension;
#
# The "plot3" in Matlab is directly applicable, so... it's very easy.
#
# In Octave, a don't know how can i represent the same results. With the "mesh"
command, so far as i know, we have the z variable dependent of x and y and this
is not the aim. With "gsplot" executing the "gsplot[x y z]" the graphics are
totally diferent as in Matlab.
#
# How can i build the graphics in Octave with 3 independent variables? There is
any application to perform 3D graphics in Octave?
#
# Thanks in advance... for the great support.
#
# Regards
#
# Hugo Neto