problems on suse 9.0

From: emilio
Subject: problems on suse 9.0
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:48:52 +0100

i have jus installed octave 2.1.49 in my suse linux 9.0. i did it by using the
original cd's of the distribution, and i had no problem during this porcess.
but when i try to run the program i get the next message:

> octave
octave: error while loading shared libraries: liboctinterp.so: cannot open

i'm pretty new in using linux systems, and i'm sure i'm making some stupid
mistake. could somebody tell me what am i doing wrong?

thanks a lot

   emilio