svd in a DLD

From: Al Niessner
Subject: svd in a DLD
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:06:45 -0800

My m-file that I am translating to a DLD uses the octave function 'svd'.
Now, rather than use feval in my DLD, I can use SVD directly. However,
the return values and such are somewhat ambiguous -- I only read the
help for svd in octave and the header file in include/octave-2.1.52. Is
this the correct interpretation:

  m-file                               C++
  ------                               ---
[a b c] = svd (M, 0);        SVD svd(M, SVD:economy);
                             Matrix a = svd.left_singular_matrix();
                             DiagMatrix b = svd.singular_values();
                             Matrix c = svd.right_singular_matrix();

If it not the correct one, then what is?

--
Al Niessner <address@hidden>
Jet Propulsion Laboratory

All opinions stated above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
those of JPL or NASA.

 ----
 ----