Re: Regarding Octave

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Regarding Octave
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 09:50:52 -0800

Do I have this roughly correct for Mac OS X 10.2.8?
Henry
1. qhull = symolic tookbox. What does qhull stand for? A recent posting by
Per Persson indicated that he's working on it to make it work.

2. ginac = geometry toolbox. What does ginac stand for? As above for qhull
re use on Mac OS X.

3. atlas = automatically tuned linear algebra subgroups. No longer needed in
OS X 10.2 because atlas is provided as part of vecLib which includes blas,
lapack, vDSP, and vMathLib.

4. fftw = discrete fourier transform. Can it be considered to be a toolbox?
When I last installed octave 2.1.46 using fink it was part of the
installation. I most likely have not used it, would not know how to use it
but I know what a discrete fourier tranform is because I use it in the
analysis of life cycle graphs.

5. hdf = scientific data format. Can it considered to be a toolbox? What
exactly does it do? Fink installed it but I doubt that I've used it, nor
would I know how to use it.