.mex files

From: Robert Leach
Subject: .mex files
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 11:54:13 -0700

Hi,

I'm using a package called WaveLab802 which was written for MATLAB. My analyses go real slow, but the package comes with these .mex file and the documentation claims that they can increase the speed by an order of magnitude. Can I somehow install these .mex files for use by octave?

I'd had to manually remove a script-call to InstallMEX.m that came with the package because it wouldn't compile/run. Now that I'm getting results though, I'd like to speed it up if I can. Any comments?

A brief google search suggested that I may need 'octave-forge'. What is this and can it solve my problem?

Thanks,
Rob

= Robert W. Leach                                                   =
= Los Alamos National Lab                                           =
= Bioscience Division: Bioinformatics & Computational Biology Group =
= MS M888                                                           =
= Los Alamos, NM 87545                                              =
= address@hidden                                                 =
= Work: 505-667-2307                                                =
= Cell: 505-310-3759                                                =
Work Calendar & To-Do List: http://66.93.220.101/phpicalendar/week.php?cal=Work