Cannot draw figures in Mac OS X

From: Anil Hirani
Subject: Cannot draw figures in Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:08:46 -0800

I have installed octave on Mac OS X 10.3.2, using Fink. No figures are being
drawn by octave. For example running the command "figure" returns "ans=1"
and does not create a window. Similarly, "plot" does not create a window.
In fact it appears to do nothing. My DISPLAY environment variable
set to "localhost:0.0". When trying these commands, X11 is running.

Commands that do not require a graphical output appear to run fine.

Please help
Anil

Find and compare great deals on Broadband access at the MSN High-Speed Marketplace. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/