Re: row vectors changed to column vectors?

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: row vectors changed to column vectors?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:36:54 -0500

On Feb 10, 2004, at 11:46 AM, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 07:57:26AM -0800, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
As a former Matlab user, I remember being frustrated with row vectors
begin the default.  So I got in the habit of always assigning vector
elements like this:

a(1,1)=1;
a(2,1)=2;
a(3,1)=3;

After playing with size() and transposing the matrix I realized this is the
easier way to do this, too.

I often use x(:) to force a row vector so I don't have to worry about
the original shape.

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden