Re: Mkoctfile, need dynamic linking even for compiling a .cc file?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Re: Mkoctfile, need dynamic linking even for compiling a .cc file?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 10:31:53 -0800

OK, now I can compile a .cc file using mkoctfile Bourne shell script to get
an .oct executable file. However, until I "upgrade" to get an octave version
with dynamic linking I won't be able to run myHell.oct nor myoregonator.oct.
Once I have "upgraded", I'll try to implement your comments below. Thanks.

Here, I'd like to comment and perhaps clarify a little the oregoator example
used in section 13.8 Dynamically Linked Function for those, who like me had
difficulties understanding the example at first. The example does not
actually integrate the 3 differential equations, it "merely" calculates the
3 derivatives, given initial concentrations of [1,2,3] at time 0. To
integrate, and get the three concentrations as a function of time, lsode
("f", x0, t) has to be added, as is nicely demonstrated in the section on
Differential Equation/Ordinary Differential Equation.
Henry