Re: matlab and octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: matlab and octave
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 10:49:42 -0600

On 18-Nov-2003, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

| I don't really see another tool becoming available to parse dot-m file.

"Prediction is difficult, especially about the future."

In any case:

  Scilab has a translator, but does not read .m file directly

  O-Matrix has a compatibility mode

  LyME is a compatible interpreter for palm handheld systems

There are lots of other array/matrix languages (Euler, Algae, RLaB,
IDL, JMathLib, Yorick).  There are some others not listed above like
Falcon (and more that I can't remember the names of right now) that
were mostly research projects that could parse some subset of Matlab
syntax but I don't think any of those are very actively developed
now.

jwe